Michael,

Not everyone reacts the same way. Some people may be willing to
overlook your communication skills, and others may not overlook it.
All we are saying it is a good idea to get into the habit of preparing
professional looking documents when contacting a developer or business
with a request like this.

The fact of the matter is regardless if someone overlooks a poorly
written document or not how it is presented will give the person you
are writing to a first impression of you, and it will positively or
negatively impact your relationship based on how well that initial
message is composed. They may still agree to help you, but are being
too polite to comment upon your poor communication skills.

For example, in your message below you misspelled programmer. One or
two errors like that someone will likely overlook, but if there are
several misspelled words like that the person reading your message
isn't going to think you are very intelligent.

Now, as a blind person in his mid 30's I prefer to be treated as an
intelligent blind adult, and do everything I can to avoid stereotypes.
If it means firing up a spell checker now and then to make sure my
messages are spelled correctly its better than appearing  like I am
either too lazy to proofread my messages or lacking in basic grammar
and spelling skills. Which is the point of this thread.

When a blind person makes contact with an individual or company for
the first time he or she becomes our voice and representative with
that party. Since we all want to make a good impression its important
that the first impression is a good one. If you send a poorly written
message the sighted party may either see the blind party as extremely
lazy or not very bright. Either way that's not the kind of first
impression we want to make.