Hi,

Just FYI, I often spell words wrong in my games.  The most common would be reed
instead of read.  You know so that it says;
Do you wish to reed the instructions?
instead of
Do you wish to red the instructions?

The English language is so screwy, it is amazing that anyone can learn it, and
all of it's rules.  There are so many words such as read, wind, close, lead,
etc etc that can give a screen reader and or synthesizer fits.

I also notice that many people on the list misspell allot of words.  You know like
when I respond to a message and run the spell check on what I wrote, but it also
checks what they wrote.  Allot of times the words get spoken and sound correct, but
are not spelled correctly.  And then since AT&T Crystal reads my Email many
misspellings get spelled rather than spoken because she does not know the word.
One misspelling that often gets spelled is s t i l.  Of course s t i l l would get
spoken as still.

Just one last little comment;  I have had to learn all of your names and addresses many
times over the years.  And that is because I started out with an Accent SA synthesizer,
then a Double Talk, then Eloquence and now AT&T Crystal.  So many many names etc have
been pronounced differently by each of them. <grin>

Of course the same now goes for all of the different sapi5 voices and other software
synthesizers.  I also found out that I had to be careful in game programming because
of all of the different acronyms that the different sapi5 voices will say.  Even such
simple things as South Dakota for SD.  Yep, I've got a South Dakota card. <grin>

BFN

    Jim

I wouldn't even write Email without a spell checker.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA