Hi Laurel,

Fortunately, there are plenty of people on list who have those skills.
I imagine if you ask there is likely someone who can help give you
pointers, examples, and help educate you so you can improve your
communication skills with a developer. Its like anything else in life.
the more you do it the better you'll become.

Plus one recommendation I have for people interested in this subject
is to find a good community college or internet based college and take
a few business communication classes. I can say from personal
experience it really helps with day to day interactions and
communications as those classes will help a person outline and prepare
there thoughts in a constructive way that gets their thoughts across.

The biggest problem with communication skills at large is most people
just don't know how to organize their thoughts and how to present them
to another party in a way that makes sense. Instead of taking notes,
writing an outline, a lot of people just jump into an important e-mail
feet first and the end result becomes rather haphazard and
disorganized. Basically, what it boils down to is spend some time both
planning and researching the contents of your business letter or
e-mail before sending it. It all comes back to the write, read, edit,
and reread principle.