To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Top 25 websites for gamers who are blind

Elanor,

Unlike Dark, I don't understand why you would exclude online games in
this day and age.  It may have made sense a decade ago, but the fact
of the matter is that 'standalone' games are rapidly becoming the
minority.  Even now, I wouldn't be surprised if you were leaving half
of the available games off the table with the current listing
requirements.

The closest analogy I can come up with is that it's like making a list
of the all time greatest songs and leaving out anything that uses a
drum machine.

Given that the current 'top 25' list is set up more as 'top 25 plus a
bunch of extra lists for overflow material', perhaps it would be
better for the blind community to do some kind of multiple list or
hierarchical setup: the years best individual games, downloadable game
sites, online games, game developers, that sort of thing.  Right now,
the currently list is so widely variable in quality and landing page
type that its usefulness is diminished.

Dennis Towne

Alter Aeon MUD
http://www.alteraeon.com