From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Che
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 4:16 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Top 25 websites for gamers who are blind

   hi Eleanor,
   I am still confused as to what you guys are calling an online site
I'm afraid.
   at Blind Adrenaline, we have 10 computer games, but none of them are
played on our web site, they are each their own clients, the web site is
just used so that people can see who is playing and launch their game
from there.
   the games are not run on the web site itself, each one is its own client.
   When you say online sites, are you talking about games that are
played exclusively on the web, like you put in a decision on a web page,
then a new page loads with updates, etc? there are many examples of
these that mimick role playing games, and because they are using
standard web pages, they are usually accessible. This is nothing like
what BA provides.
I encourage whoever is judging the sites to take a look at how BA works
and what we offer.
   On top of that, we released Rail Racer, voted the 2007 game of the
year, which offered a lot of leading edge implementation of audio game
ideas, including mouse support, multi player racing, and a full career mode.
   I guess once again, what I'm asking for is a definition of what you
guys are calling online sites, because I think there may be some
confusion here.
   Sites like RS games and Quentin's playroom should be considered as
well in my opinion, they both serve the audio game needs of a lot of
people, even though they also are played online, they have their own
clients seperate of any web page.
   Thanks for any clarity on the subject.
   Che

On 12/19/2011 2:50 PM, Eleanor Robinson wrote:
> Che asked why we did not list online sites - the answer is that, as is
> posted in the Methodology section at the bottom of the list, it is
> primarily for computer game sites. We don't discuss hand-helds,
> consoles, or online sites. That being said, the Sites to Watch category
> lists several of the more influential online sites, including Blind
> Adrenaline. If you look at the methodology it spells out what we look at
> when we review sites. What I want to make sure is that I don't miss
> looking at a new site because I don't know about it.
>
> I appreciate the sites you have already given me and assure you they
> will be reviewed for this years update of the Top 25.
>
> Thanks again.
> Eleanor Robinson
> 7-128 Software

list,