Hi Dark,

Oh, I definitely agree this is a feature lacking in current audio
games. Part of it is game story of course, but I fully agree that it
can make a big difference in game play just by modifying a few stats.
One of the mainstream games like this that immediately comes to mind
is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I always liked the TMNT games because each turtle had advantages and
disadvantages that made the game fairly different from turtle to
tirtle. Leo had pretty good range with his katanas but Raf had to be
pretty close in to be effective. Things like that forced you to adopt
a different strategy and fighting style depending on the turtle you
were playing.

More recently games like  Street Fighter and Marvel VS Capcom have
vastly different characters that makes the game have good replay value
because the only way to get good at the game is to find a character
you like and work out the best strategy for that character. When you
get tired of one you can play the game with a different character and
have as much fun learning their own style and tactics.

Although, I haven't truthfully thought about many games with multiple
main characters it is definitely worth considering. Its something that
could improve the replay value of a game, because just modifying a few
stats and sounds could go aa long way to adding multiple ways of
playing the same game.

Cheers!