Hi,

Oh, that is an under statement. Microsoft Sam is absolutely terrible.
I can't stand playing games or doing anything with that voice. I'm
glad Microsoft finally got rid of it and replaced it with Anna.
Windows 8 actually even has better voices than Anna available now.

However, as Dark has said a number of times on list purchasing a good
SAPI voice for games is like buying an accessory for a game console.
The AT&T voices, Cepstral voices, etc aren't that expensive and a
person can get a pretty decent voice for as much as the average audio
game and can use it with any and all of his/her games. So its a useful
investment.