Hi Tom.

this is actually good to knowk, sinse it means the idea I'm writing about in my thesis makes sense.

My concern with the confusion over accessibilityk, is that many institutions or individuals aimed! at disabled people do not considder this.

To use an example from my thesis, I for instance was extremely angry when my bank catagorically refused to E-mail me statements, or discuss my bank account over the phone. They stated that they provided braille bank statements which was an "accessible" alternative, ignoring the fact that skim reading is utterly impossible in braille, and I am not going to sit down for an hour and read something it would take a sighted person just minutes to glance through.

This was particularly irritating because previously they'd just worked over the phone, however their new security system meant that I! had to answer questions about the current status of my account that could only be gotten from a quarterly bank statement.

this was actually amazingly commical, me phoning my bank to ask them what the balance was on my creddit card or my current account and being asked to verify my identity with the very information i! was asking them!

I've found a solution, cooperating with my local branch which is luckily five minutes walk down the road and I pass every day, however this is a case where an "accessible" option had been provided by the bank, but one which was not, according to the effort it required actually accessible in the more literal sense.

This is the tack I'm afraid that mainstream companies will take if we start talking about how "accessible" mainstream games are, ---- afterall as I said in my previous post, it's not as if I haven't heard that arguement before, and if a big coorporation could improve their image by pretending to be concerned about disabled access while effectively doing bugger all, not to mention casting people like the game accessibility sig who campaign for true access in a very bad light, they certainly would.

Beware the grue!