Hi Dark,

Sure. Again, it comes down to personal preference. Sometimes the benefits to upgrading aren't always that obvious or seem all that important at the time.

For example, when Windows 7 came out I really wondered myself if I should invest in the upgrade. After all, I had a Compaq that was barely two years old running Windows Vista, and for all intents and purposes Windows 7 is just an updated version of Vista. So I was thinking "what's the benefit in upgrading to Windows 7?"

Well, as it turned out there were several things that convinced me to upgrade. One, was the fact that Microsoft overhalled the OS, removed a bunch of older code, and Windows 7 boots much faster than Vista. Two, Windows 7 was more stable before the service packs were released than Vista was. Three, Microsoft removed a lot of apps from the base install such as Windows Mail and made them available through Windows update. The advantage here is if I use Thunderbird I don't have Windows Mail hanging around on my drive taking up space when I don't use it. Four, Windows 7 comes preinstalled with .NET 4.0 which will handle most .NET apps out of the box without having to update or install .NET components on the side. Finally, can handle Microsoft's new UI Automation framework which will improve over all access to software as it becomes more widely used by screen readers and Windows applications.

So as you can see at least in my own personal situation there were some pretty clear benefits to upgrading to Windows 7. Everyone agrees that Vista was a pretty poor version of Windows, was a bad release, and Windows 7 was designed and marketed to correct issues in Vista. However, even for an XP user yourself there probably are some benefits to you that aren't immediately obvious or that I've failed to mention because a lot has changed since XP was released.

As far as hand-held devices goes I've not decided on one for myself personally. I've looked at an Apple iPad and while I don't mind the user interface I'd want to write accessible games for the unit and unfortunately Microsoft's iOS is proprietary to the max. I'd rather get a Droid phone with Ice Cream Sandwich on it so I could write games and apps for it in Java. At least Google isn't quite as anal about proprietary languages and tools as Apple.

Cheers!