The trouble when comparing Swamp with other multi-player shoot-'em-ups
is that Swamp is a continuous Swamp has an on-going world structure.
Other shooters' multi-players are rather like Swamp's missions. Those
can't be paused, but there isn't a main map where people can run
around and collect stuff. Most games simply have you spending money
you get from missions for better stuff on other missions, if you have
to spend anything at all. Swamp isn''t that type of game. You
literally can't make enough from missions to keep yourself supplied
for missions. That is why I do not think it would be completely
unreasonable to have some sort of pause feature, or even a temporary
disconnect that costs some reputation but keeps your character intact.

I have three kids, one on the way, and I'm telling you right now that
having a pause feature would be awesome, at least in the main map.

Please keep in mind the differences between Swamp and most other
similar mainstream games, because they are neat ones fun ones, but
they also may allow for a different level of consideration.

Signed:
Dakotah Rickard