Hi Dark,

Well, I think there is more to it than that. Companies have set standards for applications and often times companies like Apple really want prospective developers to meet a specific look and feel. Since iOS is a graphical operating system they expect program launchers to have graphical icons that visually remind their users of what application they are launching. Many sighted developers would regard the lack of graphical icons etc very unprofessional. I've been told this from friends etc as well.

For example, I remember showing a friend Mysteries of the Ancients when it was in the early stages. Of course, this person understood I was developing an audio game. However, he told me rather than just drawing a black screen it would look better if I added a splash screen of some kind with an image of a Greek temple with the logo Mysteries of the Ancients in the center. He also mentioned rather than just having icons with text labels like Read Manual, License Agreement, Play Game, whatever I should purchase some graphical icons of of a little scroll for the manual, perhaps a stone tablet for a license agreement, a temple for the main program launcher, etc. He said it would look more professional that way. So I took his advice and implemented most of his suggestions.

I think what Apple is doing is they are attempting to filter out anything and everything that appears to be created by an amateur developer the same way Microsoft approves games for the XBox or Sony approves games for the Playstation III. Its a way to insure every game and application meets their stipulations and design requirements. Therefore if Liam doesn't have graphical looking icons etc its going to look cheaply made to a sighted developer, and we can't blame them for disqualifying a game on that basis. After all, every other developer has to meet the same requirements too.