Hi Tom.

I never actually played the game on our old atari 2600, but I did look up the game yesterday, and yee gods, not good! especially falling into constant holes.

According to the research I did on wikipedia, it's pretty much confirmed that a lot of atari cartrages were stuck in a land phil in 1983, but atari themselves never stated these were coppies of the e.t game, nevertheless given that apparently five million! coppies were produced and only about a million sold according to wikipedia, with innumerable coppies being returned to Atari themselves by shop owners who couldn't sell them and customers who were irate about the games' badness, it seems likely.

I must admit after now seeing the game thanks to a couple of utube clips, I do very much see the problem, especially with those holes.

Beware the Grue!