Hi Jim,

Well, The Atari 7800 basically had a lot of the same games as the Atari 2600 and 5200, but thanks to more memory and better graphics technology the newer releases for the 7800 had more colors, better graphics, and was just over all better visually.Plus the nice thing about the 7800+ could also play cartrages from the 2600 and 5200 so you could really play any Atari game on it if you wished. It was definitely Atari's best console, but the company went bankrupt before the 7800 really had much of a chance to become popular.

In fact, do to Atari going bankrupt many stores sold their stock of 7800's to Odd Lots, AKA Big Lots, where they were sold at rock bottom prices. I remember that's how I ended up with my 7800. My mom and dad purchased a 7800 and several games from Odd Lots, now Big Lots, for under $100. Over the years I've managed to pick up extra games through places like Ebay, and thanks to Atari emulators I can play just about any Atari game I want with my son on the family computer.