I thought Auto had a T in it LOL. Unless we're talking about a game called Grand Theft Audio and they just forgot the I. LOL. Speaking of which that would be an...interesting game..

But thou must!
-----Original Message----- From: Thomas Ward
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2012 3:47 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Games for kids

Hi Ruchi,

Hmm mm....I'm seeing the problem, and I'm afraid I don't really have a
solution for this kind of problem. If we have to find something on par
with Grand Theft Audo minus the drugs, violence, sex, etc I really
don't know of anything that comes close and is accessible. Its a case
of having expectations that are far too high for the average
accessible game, and Grand Theft Audo is definitely not age
appropriate for a 9 year old. Here in the U.S.A. the minimum age is 18
and is rated M for mature gamers. However, I can completely understand
why he would find other games less satisfying.

For one thing the way the Grand Theft Audo games are designed they
have a very open world format. That is the player can freely travel
between cities, don't have to do things in any particular order, and
there is a lot of content. Especially, if the player  purchases and
downloads the various expansion packs etc. In other words, it is
nearly limitless game play, and most accessible games mainstream or
not generally do not have that amount of content.

To add to that since GTA III and GTA IV Rock Star Games has hired top
actors and actresses to do the voice overs and cutscenes. They have
extremely realistic graphics and audio. Its a shining example of what
a game company can do when a product is well funded, and has extremely
high standards to meet. In short, if you are looking for something
that elaborate and is accessible that is not really going to happen.

That said, if your son is looking for something accessible with a
large world to explore etc two games comes to mind. One is a browser
based game called Sryth. Its a sort of dungeons and dragons type game
, and might be of some interest. The other is a game called Core
Exiles. Core Exiles has a pretty open ended format and might be worth
a try. Both a are text based games played through a web browser so
they aren't anything like GTA, but they are huge and fairly elaborate
in terms of text based games.

Cheers!