Alright. And just to confirm, this is all assuming your home button is to your right? Going to give this a spin again... ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dakotah Rickard" <dakotah.rick...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Two-Fer-One E-mail: Laser Tag and iOS Game

Ok.

Hmmm. Where to begin.

The control stick for navigating your ship is located along the bottom
left corner of your screen, which is put into landscape mode by
default. Let's assume your Home button is to the right, your control
stick is about one inch square, maybe an inch and a half, but I don't
think so. It's just at the bottom left corner, and the thing you need
to remember is that there is inertia and acceleration. What I mean is
this. If you push the control stick on the left side or move it left,
you won't just slide left. You will build up speed in that direction.

If you are touching the control stick icon, your engines are firing,
and you are moving in the direction you've touched. If you go outside
the control stick's borders, you are no longer firing your engines,
and you come to a stop over time.

As for your weapons buttons, your bottom right corner, and a two inch
by one inch rectangle proceeding left and up from that point is your
primary firing button. Weapons fired with this button have unlimited
ammunition. Above this, along the right side of the device's screen
are two more panels, about an inch square, with secondary weapons
firing functions. These panels fire ammunition based weapons: rockets,
missiles, mines, and the like.
The primary weapon for your first ship is a straight-firing energy
cannon, with a firing rate of about 3 shots a second. It's pretty
distinctive.

As for switching ships, you start out with one ship, the Light
Fighter. It's fast, maneuverable, but relatively weak in both arms and
armor. You also start with a full complement of missiles and missile
plumes. These two weapons, unfortunately, sound identical, and you
really don't want to keep both equipped anyway, as they perform,
basically, the same function, firing a projectile, or a series of five
projectiles, which track to close-range targets.

In the store, there are three tabs, accessed with buttons across the
top. The first is the Items tab, and it contains all the ammunition
based weapons that you can buy. Technically, you already own whatever
weapons, you're just buying ammo for them.
If you follow the left side of the device's screen, you'll see the
list of weapons, starting with Homing Missile. On the right side and
in the middle are various data about the selected weapon. Swiping left
and right moves between these fields, and you'll see a button labeled
Equipped. If you select a different weapon, rockets, for example, you
will notice that the Equipped button changes to the Equip button, and
it's no longer dimmed out. press this to equip the selected weapon,
and you'll be prompted to choose one of your two currently equipped
systems to unequip to effect the transfer.

Changing ships works similarly. You select the Ships tab in the row
across the top and locate a different ship in the list down the left
side. Please remember that you start with only the Light Fighter.
Other ships cost money. Sometimes that money is in-game, sometimes'
it's real money. Explore your options and read about all the ships and
their prices and characteristics in the fields in the middle and on
the right.

Whether you're selecting weapons or ships, there's a buy button on the
bottom right, just below the Equip button. If this button is dimmed
out, you can't buy it, because you don't have the funds.

If you have the funds, select the buy button.

As for the tutorial mission, I sort of skipped it by mistake. Any
mission you choose, except I think the Tutorial, is multiplayer. Deep
Space mining is the first, under the missions selection screen. There
are others along the left side. You'll want to press the start button
in the bottom right part of the screen to begin and the OK button in
the bottom left, about an inch over, if you have any boosts.

Keep in mind that there are no unlabeled buttons in ErnCon that are
app-related. The only unlabeled buttons are advertisements, and these
should be treated with care.

If you have further questions, please ask.

Signed:
Dakotah Rickard

So... I'm confused as to how to actually fly my ship. I've found out how to

shoot... but I can't seem to work out how to actually navigate. any help
there is appreciated... and I'll try getting in some multiplayer time to see

how it works.