That's good that you don't find the game too difficult. It's a lot easier with the translation addon, it makes things like equipment management much less overwhelming.

As for navigation, basically you can jump over anything as long as you have two steps left and there's space to land on the other side. You can jump over other characters if they're in the way or you want someone else in front of them, and you can use the browse mode to see if what you're trying to jump over is actually a path, if you hear the click sound like your character has hit an obstacle in the browse mode, it means you generally can't move in that direction. As of right now I can't find a way to tell what terrain type you're on or what a given tile will do, for example, end the map. I stumbled across a bonus cave in one of the maps completely by accident a couple days ago and would really like to be able to tell what tile it was on so I can try it again. I'm going to talk to someone who knows the developer and find out if either I'm missing something, or if a feature can be added that tells you what type of tile you're on, but as of right now it's pretty much guess work. Tiles that end the map are usually on one side or the other, and the victory conditions do generally give you a hint as to wear to look, for example, if the map says aim to the east and all of your characters start on the left, you can assume that the exit will be somewhere on the far right, I usually just line my characters up on that side of the map and move them in a straight line till one of them finds the exit, or I just defeat all the enemies and that ends the map as well.