Hi Shawn,
You might have wanted to put up a spoil alert or something for those who play
the game, and didn't want to be given hints.

That is the spoil alert for everyone reading this now in fact. If you are
playing the shadow gate game and don't want hints, do not read further...

Shawn, those things you mentioned were not bugs in the usual sense. There is
several degrees of seperation between an atari port of a visually played nes
game, and the audio version of the same game on a diffrent platform in an
accessible format.
There will be diffrences, and this isn't all that unusual. In the sighted
world, especially with side scroller games or action games diffrent content
will be snuck in for diffrent systems to keep the game fresh and to give
incentive to buy the game for those diffrent consoles.
For this game, I don't know. Nina might have  omitted things out of
forgetfulness, or it might have existed in the same way as on the atari port.
Either way, those things you mentioned are not bugs.
Secondly, the rope does do as you say, but you have to be a little more clever
then the atari walkthru to figure it out. Use that sharp mind of yours and
check out everything around you, and in your inventory, and you should be able
to solve the puzzle.

As for the use and select menu choices...ironically I mentioned the same exact
thing to Ian  a while back.
I guess, for the time being, the best way to remember which does what is to
think of "use" as useing it on yourself, or useing something like an unlocked
door, or a bridge or even a staircase.
"Select" is usually done when you want to use an item on some element in a
room, like a pool, or a monster, or you want to use an item on another item,
like a burning torch on an unlit torch.

Lastly, yeah, the music is retro. I think it is quaint and takes me back to the
nineties, lol. There is actually some shadow gate music called overclocked
where people take old video game music and rock out with it, or turn it into
disco, lol.

http://ocremix.org/

al

"The truth will set you free"