Hi Shawn,
I talked to Nina, and she said that she was only familiar with the NES version
of the game. So it is entirely possible that the atari could have had diffrent
content, either for keeping the game fresh, or just memory problems. Back then
game consoles were no where near the memory capacity of an atari computer, so
it could be that some things got cut from the NES, which would make sense. I
never played the game before this adaptation, which I regret cause it seemed
like it would be alot of fun.

Shawn, if you could give me a link to the walkthru, or the walkthru itself,
Nina said she wanted to take a look at it, and I am thinking she might want to
put the content in the game you mentioned, but that is just my guess, she
didn't say one way or the other.
She did mention she is going to work on a zork port at some point which I think
is going to be really interesting.

SPOILER ALERT:
Don't read further if you don't want to ruin the game.

Shawn, You don't have to drop anything to use the bridge. I playtested the
entire map and the bridge can't be used until you are ready to use it. Consider
the inventory and objects you find, and notice anything that might seem to have
a strange quality when inspected, especially when it might pertain to crossing
a chasm with a rickety and dangerous bridge.
Honestly, the walkthru is not doing you any favors. Play the game without it,
and just work within the boundaries of the game itself, you will have alot
more fun.
Good luck,

al

"The truth will set you free"