Hi Tom.
this is unfortunately true of swamp on all counts, though in fairness to Aprone I don't see it as so much a rcyticism of the game design as of the design genre of online multiplayer fps which Swamp is, it's like the way a mud would not be a mud if it were offline.

In fairness though this is another reason I would like to see aprone create a castaways Ii. I spent a good while at a hotel in buxton where there was also no net connection playing castaways. While it's still a fun game to run, I'd love! to see it expanded into something like dwarf fortress with ful civlization building.

Beware the Grue!