Hi Clement.

I can believe that entirely. Gramar in Italian is different enough, being that there you virtually never use pronowns and place the subject of a sentence first, so "bring it to me" becomes "me it you bring" and I do have the advantage of having studdied spanish before (which has a similar structure to Italian), and both of those languages are still latin derived so at least have some baring on English.

tbhis is why I've so often noticed straight out translations of japanese have just gone completely wonky when using software to convert, which is actually why even subtitled anime needs a professional translator to rewrite things.

Certainly, if any of these games get a full translation, I'll be the first to jump in and start playing, but as it stands currently for a none japanese speaker I just find the language barrier a bit too much, and while like you I admire the patience of people who do! take the time on such things that's not really a route I'd follow myself, not when my chief interest is! the story, exploration and plot not merely the action sequences.

Indeed, this is very much the same reason i do not play mainstream games via sound, since while I could! try from guess work, I just want a little more control over what is going on than just tapping buttons and using trial and error, since after all even though when i play a low vision accessible game like Turrican, metroid Mario or megaman, I cannot see all the details a fully sighted person can, i can at least distinguish my character, the enemies, and usually enough of the environment to know the difference betwene ledges and background, so the learning tends to get restricted to menues and in game objects at specific places.

Beware the Grue!

dark.