Matt et al,
I have some small changes that enable a "host_dmax" configure option for gmond. This allows you to tell gmond to remove a host after a period of inactivity. "If we do not hear from Host A for 10800 seconds (30 days), delete him from our local hash table." This feature is the complement to adding nodes, which gives some nice symmetry to gmond.

This is not a critical change, but we do see occasionally a dead node sticking around for weeks or months after it has been discarded from the cluster.

There is basically no new code besides the config-file option, since cleanup.c has had this ability for some time. I have tested it on Linux, and it works as expected. If you want this feature for 2.5.6, let me know and I will commit. Otherwise I will hold off until the next release.

-Federico