On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 05:06:57PM -0800, Matt Massie wrote:
> i've built a new tarball and rpms which you can find at
> http://matt-massie.com/ganglia/
>
> i really want to get 2.5.6 out the door today or tomorrow if possible.
> i made some changes to the automake scripts to remove a dependency on
> librrdtool (it gets statically linked.. since we don't want to require
> the rrdtool be installed everywhere).
>
> if i don't hear any screams over the next 48 hours, i'm going to release
> it.

I'm looking at it now.  Unfortunatly, I don't think anyone actually
looked at it before the announcement because all the messages got jammed
up in the sf.net system. :-(  MyDoom appears to really screw mailman.

> i also have another request for help.  the mailing lists are becoming a
> bit of work.  i have them all closed now so that people outside the list
> cannot post to the list (this is because the SPAM is just way too
> much).  everyday though i get about 3-4 messages telling me to login to
> the admin console of each mailing list to read messages that are being
> held.  i have to either accept, reject or ignore a list of messages each
> time.
>
> does a mailman guru out there know how to configure an automatic
> response to postings by people outside of the list?  i'd like it to just
> automagically say.. "sorry.. but this is a closed list.  here is how you
> can join the list and send your question.. etc etc etc".

Looking at my local mailman config, I think you can go under "Privacy
Options"->"Sender Filters" and set the "Action to take for postings from
non-members for which no explicit action is defined." to Reject.

-- Brooks