Not sure when this happened. If you could provide a patch to get these behaviors in the shape you think they need to be, we will get it into CVS.

-Federico

On Dec 13, 2004, at 10:25 AM, Jason A. Smith wrote:

It probably isn't common, but using an old gmetad with the new 2.5.7
webfrontend scripts will cause an error from this code in
get_ganglia.php which is assuming a grid tag must be present:

# If we have no child data sources, assume something is wrong.
if (!count($grid))
   {
      print "<H4>Ganglia cannot find a data source. Is gmond
running?</H4>";
      exit;
   }

Shouldn't the error message say gmetad not gmond?  Is a grid tag really
necessary for the webfrontend to function?  If I comment this code out
the web page looks fine to me.

~Jason