Hi,

 personally I also was a bit surprised about the move into 2.6.0. I
would have liked to see a 2.5.8 with the few remaining bug-fixes and
Solaris using "kstat". No metrics rearrangements (we could have added
Linux/cpu_wio at the end of the list) and no fancy new confugation
options. Not sure whether unicast would be possible on that base.

 And then there should have been a branch-point in CVS for a potential
post-2.5.8 release stream. Not sure whether we can get that now,
without new massive CVS problems/restructuring. In any case, we should
not forget a branch-point when Matt really goes into the future of
Ganglia (embedded web-servers and so on. that is 3.0 stuff !!).

 Otherwise I am pretty happy that we have 2.6 going. Just get a first
official release out soon to catch the bugs and get feedback about new
features.

Cheers
Martin