On Feb 22, 2006, at 5:46 PM, Martin Knoblauch wrote:

I believe apr was modified to include multicast functionality, I'm
not sure about
the rest.

Hi Brooks,

 good point. Now I remember the same. Time for a session with "diff"
:-)

Martin

Matt,

 "diff" does not make me happy. It seems our version of apr-0.9.5 was
not a final release. The apr-0.9.5 sources from apache show pretty big
differences to our stuff.

i was contacted a long while back by an apache developer who was adding multicast support to apr. he took our code to use as a starting point and when i last looked the newer versions of apr support multicast. we _should_ be able to use that code.

a simple "grep apr_* gmond.c" will show what we are using apr for.
apr_strings.h
apr_hash.h
apr_time.h
apr_pools.h
apr_poll.h
apr_network_io.h
apr_signal.h
apr_thread_proc.h
apr_tables.h
apr_net.h <--- used for mashing multicast into apr

we can check the newer version of apr to see if the portions we use are compatible. i don't think it would be too painful but that's easy to save before you start slinging code.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://massie.us