On 2006-08-16 06:13:16 -0700, Martin Knoblauch wrote:
>  as I said, if nobody is hurt .... :-)
>
>  Being curious I did a quick check on my favourite distribution (FC4,
> yum-uptodate):
>
> - apr/apr-devel is 0.9.6-3.5, which is older that what we ship (0.9.7)
> - expat/expat-devel is 1.95.8-6, which is better thatn what we ship
> (1.95.1)
> - libconfuse/libconfuse-devel does not seem to exist. Only RPMs I found
> are for Mandrake/Mandriva and are version 2.1, which is way older than
> what we ship (2.5)
>
>  Seems we are safe for "expat", need to check "apr" and are kind of
> lost for "libconfuse".

and this is still not ganglia problem.

1. apr: if you really require 0.9.7 a configure check can enforce it.
2. libconfuse: if someone wants to provide a package for ganglia, they
   are for sure capable to provide a libconfuse rpm aswell. especially
   since it it deadsimple to package (anyone interested in a spec file
   for it?)

coming from a few years of using/supporting svn i can tell you that
there should be at least an option to say --with-$lib=/usr so it will
use the system wide copy.

darix

--
          openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux