Platform:  MacOSX 10.4.10 (Intel) and will confirm same problem
monday on MacOSX 10.4.10 (powerPC)
        Problem:  The data from the all nodes/clusters where not being saved
(consistently and accurately) to the rdd files.  In debugging this
issue, it appears the problem is at line 134 of gmetad/
data_thread.c   if(struct_poll.revents & POLLHUP).

        From web searches http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2001/06/poll.html &
http://www.osxfaq.com/man/2/poll.ws & etc.  it appears that the use
of POLLHUP is not universal in the definition and implementation.
For OSX it appears that the entire message (partially verified by
using ethereal) is received...even though this (POLLHUP is evaluated
to true).  With the logic in the 'if' statement, the entire message
is discarded, and thus almost (if not all) data is never saved to the
rrd files and all hosts are reported either not existing or down.

        By commenting out this if statement (line 134 block), gmetad works
wonderfully. (since all data is being received)

        In searching the ganglia mailing lists, I couldn't find
anything....  is this known?  or is this an issue (and thus I need to
open a bug report)?

Thanks,
Mike