>>> On 11/9/2007 at 2:29 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Bernard Li"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Brad:
>
> On 11/9/07, Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Python
>
> If it's okay with you, I will follow the instructions in the wiki docs
> to add the .pyc files to the RPM.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bernard

I'm still a little concerned about doing that because I'm not sure that it
solves any real problem.  I would rather just clean up the python directory
completely rather than deliver .pyc files.  In a standard case, the .py files
from one package might be put down in the same location as another package's
.py files.  In this case if the first package has to uninstall, it would
obviously have to know which .pyc files it owns.  In our case, we own the
directory where the .py and .pyc files are located.  I think it would be easier
and safer to just remove the directory.  But do whatever you believe is best.

Brad