Bernard Li wrote:
> Hi Matt:
>
> On 12/10/07, Matthew Chambers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> I'm trying to install the development snapshot.  I had 3.0.4 installed
>> and I tried to just install the new web snapshot on the existing install
>> since I assumed that nothing has made 3.0.x's frontend incompatible with
>> 3.0.4's gmetad.  It appears that the snapshot installs to
>> /var/www/ganglia whereas the original 3.0.4 package I have is installed
>> in /usr/share/ganglia.  Installing the 3.0.x snapshot also seem to
>>

> Are you on a Red Hat based system?  They should all install to
> /var/www/html/ganglia (assuming you are talking about the web files):
>
> rpm -qlp /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/noarch/ganglia-web-3.0.4-1.noarch.rpm |
> grep www | head
> /var/www/html/ganglia
> /var/www/html/ganglia/AUTHORS
> /var/www/html/ganglia/COPYING
> /var/www/html/ganglia/ChangeLog
> /var/www/html/ganglia/Makefile.am
> /var/www/html/ganglia/auth.php
> /var/www/html/ganglia/class.TemplatePower.inc.php
> /var/www/html/ganglia/cluster_legend.html
> /var/www/html/ganglia/cluster_view.php
> /var/www/html/ganglia/conf.php

Yes I meant /var/www/html/ganglia, but I am on Fedora 7 PPC and both the
3.0.4 and 3.0.5 packages install the web frontend files to
/usr/share/ganglia.  The ganglia-web package I get via yum is not noarch
though.

>> remove the /etc/httpd/conf.d/ganglia.conf that creates the /ganglia
>> alias.  I uninstalled the snapshot and updated all my ganglia packages
>> to 3.0.5 and that gave me back my ganglia.conf, but I'm still not sure
>> how to install the snapshot.  Am I supposed to override the destination
>> directory when installing the RPM?
>>

> The ganglia-web RPM does not provide /etc/httpd/conf.d/ganglia.conf.

I think that RPM automatically uninstalled the 3.0.4 ganglia-web package
when I updated it with the new snapshot, and my distro's version of the
ganglia-web package must include ganglia.conf while the noarch one does not?

-Matt