Hi Matt:

On 12/10/07, Matthew Chambers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for the help.  I tried that method, and got pretty far, but then
> got this error:
>
> gcc -O0 -I../lib -I../gmond -I../srclib/expat/lib/ -O3 -Wall
> -D_REENTRANT -O3 -o gmetad gmetad.o cmdline.o data_thread.o server.o
> process_xml.o rrd_helpers.o conf.o type_hash.o xml_hash.o cleanup.o
> -L/frogstar/usr/ppc/lib -L/usr/lib ../lib/.libs/libganglia.a
> /frogstar/usr/ppc/lib/librrd.a -L/lib -lpng12 -lpangocairo-1.0
> -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lm
> ../srclib/expat/lib/.libs/libexpat.a -ldl -lresolv -lnsl -lpthread
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpangocairo-1.0
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I installed cairo-devel and pango-devel packages and the next build
> attempt worked fine, so it appears those dependencies are not properly
> checked for in the build (FYI).  After that things went smoothly and it
> appears to be running fine (http://fenchurch.mc.vanderbilt.edu/ganglia);
> I only updated ganglia on the head node (hosting both the web frontend
> and gmetad).

I am not sure why you are linking against pangocairo -- are you using
rrdtool 1.3 beta?  The only time I saw the pangocairo dependency was
when I was fiddling around with the beta.  Unless this is specific to
the ppc arch...

BTW, will you have time to implement the "click graph to enlarge"
feature that was introduced in 3.0.5 but not present in trunk?  I
believe you were going to write some code once rrdtool 1.3 is released
to support that.

Thanks,