Hi Matt:

It sounds like you are upgrading Ganglia from the distribution version
to the official upstream version.  This may not always be compatible
(I would probably go as far as saying they're incompatible).

I only maintain the upstream ganglia.spec, Jarod Wilson maintains the
Fedora/Red Hat spec files.

So what I suggest is to uninstall the distribution version, rebuild
Ganglia using the SRPM:

rpmbuild --rebuild --target noarch,ppc(64) <ganglia tarball>

then install that.

Thanks,

Bernard