On Feb 8, 2008 3:44 PM, Bernard Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In my books -- this is quite a bad bug and I think we need to do a
> release (either as 3.0.6.1 or 3.0.7).
>
> Thoughts?

I'd vote for 3.0.7 instead of 3.0.x.y.

> BTW, given the fact that 3.1.0 will break compatibility with 3.0.x, I
> have a feeling that a lot of folks probably won't want to upgrade
> (unless we can work out the upgrade path for past data).  So, perhaps
> we might need to maintain the 3.0.x branch after all...

Was there a change in the .rrd file configuration?  I haven't noticed
one, and I've got several web frontends (3.0.5, 3.0.6, and trunk) all
running off the same set of .rrd files.  One ganglia install has 3.0.5
and the web FE from trunk working off .rrd files created from 3.0.4
(gmetad is from 3.0.5).  Another system is frontends from 3.0.5, 3.0.6
and trunk, using gmetad from trunk.

Also, many people aren't going to upgrade unless $VENDOR issues a
patch.  It's just that simple, and many places *can't* upgrade
*unless* there's an official patch (even if they want to upgrade).
Rocks is probably one of the largest "vendors", and they are still on
3.0.4.  So the 3.0.x line is probably here to stay for a while, alas.
  Heck, Debian is still on 2.5.7 for the sarge, etch, lenny, and sid
releases (I'm not suggesting that the 2.5x line still be supported).

--
Jesse Becker
GPG Fingerprint -- BD00 7AA4 4483 AFCC 82D0  2720 0083 0931 9A2B 06A2