Hi Brad:

On 3/13/08, Brad Nicholes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    I am proposing that we create the 3.1.x branch on Monday (3/17).  This
> should give people the weekend to tidy up anything that is left before we
> create the branch and start working towards a stable 3.1.x release. This will
> include all of the web frontend changes that have recently been committed to
> TRUNK.  Are there SPEC file changes that need to go in to support the modular
> web frontend stuff or was that already done?   Once we create the branch, I
> would suggest that we also take a snapshot tarball and get moving on testing
> and stabilization.  We are going to need the help from everybody whether you
> are a Ganglia developer or just a Ganglia user to make sure that we have a
> stable 3.1.x release.

I would like to suggest that we at least clean up the `make distclean`
target for the build directory before we branch.  RIght now, if you
perform the necessary bootstrapping, your checkout is cluttered with
cruft that are not needed.

Previously, this was caused by srclib being around, however, this is
no longer the case so we should try to make `make distclean` work.

Also, I wonder if the build system has been changed which caused the
following new behaviour.

This is what I did in my checkout:

./bootstrap && ./configure --with-gmetad && make dist-gzip

After I run the command, I get a tarball and a lot of cruft in the
checkout directory.  Even after I deleted all the files marked as '?'
by svn, I still get the following:

# svn st
M      libmetrics/INSTALL
!      libmetrics/stamp-h1
M      libmetrics/build/mkinstalldirs
M      libmetrics/build/ltmain.sh
M      config/ltmain.sh
M      INSTALL

Why did the build system modify and delete a file?  This makes the
checkout hard to work with.

Thanks,