On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 03:57:40PM -0600, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>    I new there was something that I was missing when I checked in the header
> file changes.  It appears that I broke the 32-bit builds.  I am trying to get
> the problem fixed and it has to do with adding -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE to the
> libmetrics Makefile.am's.  I just wanted to let the list know that this is a
> known problem and being worked.

I am afraid there is more than that needed (this coming from a linux 64bit)
while trying to build libmetrics :

 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../../lib -I../../include -g -O2 -MT
metrics.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/metrics.Tpo -c metrics.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o
.libs/metrics.o
In file included from ../libmetrics.h:36,
                 from metrics.c:16:
../../include/gm_metric.h:8:17: error: apr.h: No such file or directory
../../include/gm_metric.h:9:23: error: apr_pools.h: No such file or directory
../../include/gm_metric.h:10:24: error: apr_tables.h: No such file or
directory
In file included from ../libmetrics.h:36,
                 from metrics.c:16:
../../include/gm_metric.h:75: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before
'apr_array_header_t'

the core problem being that libmetrics SHOULDN'T depend an all on apr, confuse
or anything else like that and this dependency is being forced into it because
of the use of "gm_metric.h".

libmetrics is an internal library and is being independently bootstrapped, and
before the last set of commits it only  reached up for some few (most likely
incorrect) dependencies to libganglia in some platforms.

Carlo