I've just added a backport proposal in the monitor-core-3.1 branch STATUS
file for including a check for the module magic number.  Please check out the
proposal in the STATUS file and vote.  You don't necessarily have to vote
within the STATUS file itself, but you can or you can just vote through the
devel list.

Brad