>>> On 5/15/2008 at 12:04 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Bernard Li"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Brad:
>
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 8:09 AM, Brad Nicholes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I noticed this the other day as well.  Can you apply the backport proposed
> patch in bug #188
>>

> http://bugzilla.ganglia.info/cgi-bin/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=132&action=vi
> ew
>>
>> and test it again.  I have been running this version here and have not seen
> the memory leak.  If this patch solves the problem and doesn't appear to
> cause any other problems, please vote on the patch in the 3.1 STATUS file.
>
> I left gmetad running overnight and it didn't seem to be leaking
> memory any more.  I have voted for it in the STATUS file, please check
> the backport in when you get a chance.
>
> Will probably roll another snapshot after this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bernard

The memory leak backport has been committed to the 3.1 branch.  There are a
couple more issues in the STATUS file that need to be voted on.  Can we get
some people to review the patches?  Is there anymore movement on replacing the
template library in the frontend?  I don't consider the frontend template
library a show stopper but if we can get it replaced, it would be a good thing.

Let's get these issues cleared up and get on with a Beta.

Brad