On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 11:01:48AM -0700, Bernard Li wrote:

> - build: better support for solaris >=8 and 10

fixes are for solaris<=8, or any other platform that is not C99 compatible and
will otherwise fail to build because it was missing the C99 standard header
<stdint.h>, but were tracking C9X through <inttypes.h>

> - build: aix and darwin static build fixes

there will only work if building with "--enable-static-build" and will need
more testing to validate (beware of having the right configuration for gmond
in /etc/ganglia/gmond.conf or try with no configuration), and will require
more fixes to cover as well the non static build which will also enabling
having dynamically loaded metrics (the main reason why you would want to
upgrade)

>  We are most interested in resolving all build related issues on
> different systems/architectures.

and as usual, if testing DragonFlyBSD you will need to patch the snapshot, use
instead the one at :

  http://tapir.sajinet.com.pe/ganglia/ganglia-3.1.0.1399.tar.gz

or wait for a new snapshot with a nano version (the fourth number) higher than
or equal to 1406 which will hopefully work AS-IS.

Carlo