Yeah, it looks like if I build libconfuse from the source, I can compile and
build the ganglia RPMs just fine (assuming I build libconfuse with "./configure
CFLAGS=-fPIC --disable-nls").  Then when I deploy on another machine, I can
just install the ganglia and libconfuse RPMs (the libconfuse that I didn't
build from source) and everything works fine.  So it looks like for building
ganglia, I need the libconfuse source, but for deploying, I can just use the
libconfuse RPMs.

Weird, but at least I'm in good shape.

Thanks,
James

>>> "Bernard Li" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 06/12/08 1:16 PM >>>
Hi James:

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 9:45 AM, James Albright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Instead of building the RPMs from the tarball, could you extract it,
>> run ./configure and post your config.log?
>
> Sure, here it is.  Thanks for looking at it!

>From your log:

configure:20232: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   -L/usr/lib64 conftest.c
-lconfuse  -lapr-1 -lpthread  >&5
/usr/lib64/libconfuse.so: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Looks like there are some issues with the installed library -- can you
double check to make sure that it was installed properly?

Otherwise, just download the SRPM for libconfuse, rebuild on your
system and install those RPMs instead of the ones from openSUSE 10.3.

Cheers,