On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 11:35,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]

Cfengine works on all of those.  Puppet works on the first two, and
probably via Cygwin (Puppet is based on Ruby, and probably runs
wherever Ruby does).

> - it is envisaged that some users will be able to change configuration
> settings through a web interface, and that those changes will be
> propogated to the nodes/clusters that the users who chosenfind

It should be straightforward to convert webpage input into various
"rules" files for cfengine/puppet/etc.  These rules would then be used
to push the various settings around as needed.

--
Jesse Becker
GPG Fingerprint -- BD00 7AA4 4483 AFCC 82D0 2720 0083 0931 9A2B 06A2