Works for me; generating a GUID into an "alias" value in the
configuration file may be the easiest way to avoid resolving things.
Whether the map to something easy to debug from is from an IP address
or a GUID isn't particularly material to me; I just want that map to
be easy (and in my normal workflow) to maintain, and I don't want the
lowest aggregation (gmond) layer to need access to that map.

-- ReC