On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:58, Brad Nicholes <bnicho...@novell.com> wrote:
> Unless I am misunderstanding the issue, a missing configuration option
> shouldn't be a problem for libconfuse.

That directly contradicts the libconfuse docs; however, those docs are
limited, at best, and I suppose could be wrong or misleading.

> Follow the 'Title' configuration directive on a metric.  Every metric can
> optionally > have a title that is ultimately passed up through the XML.  The
> code in gmond.c > asks libconfuse for the title when the metric definition is
> read.  If no title has
>been given in the configuration file, then the return from libconfuse when
>asked
> for the title, is NULL.

I'd tried doing something like this in some test code, and hit
libconfuse errors (along the lines of "all config options must be
defined, exiting!").  I didn't have a good example to work from
though, and I'll check out the 'Title' code as a reference.

Thanks for the pointers.

--
Jesse Becker