On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 10:20:32PM +0000, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> - Could it be a security issue?  Can you try disabling setuid?  It
> appears that listen channels are only set up after setuid, but maybe
> there is something else.

still reproducible with setuid = off

> - Have you tried different versions of APR?  E.g. on RHEL5, I test with
> the native apr-1.2.7, and on Debian I have 1.2.12-5

OpenBSD 4.5 comes with 1.2.11p2 but it also failed with a manually installed
1.3.8

> - Can you easily re-compile APR with a different poll implementation?  I
> think you can change it from configure.

Which option?, --enable-other-child doesn't make a difference and considering
how many different versions of APR are installed in all affected systems I
would be surprised this to be an APR issue.

> - If you take 3.1.2 or another release and apply this patch only, do you
> see the same bug?

yes

Carlo