Thanks for the suggestion, but dmidecode is not portable and is super
unreliable since it depends on upstream hardware vendors setting
reasonable values. Even running on a sample of 8-10 models of
motherboards all from the same vendor I get vastly different results
from dmidecode. I'd strongly discourage anybody from trying to integrate
it into other software for anything aside from general informational use.

-Dave