On 02/09/2014 02:48 PM, Jeff Layton wrote:
> On 02/09/2014 02:28 PM, Maciej Lasyk wrote:
>
>> You could also try to catch on which particular check this segfault
>> happens..?
> Not sure how to check this. When I run gmond interactively, it
> segfaults just after it says,
>
> [root@home4 yum.repos.d]# /usr/local/sbin/gmond -d 5 -c
> /etc/ganglia/gmond.conf
> loaded module: core_metrics
> loaded module: python_module
> loaded module: cpu_module
> loaded module: disk_module
> loaded module: load_module
> loaded module: mem_module
> loaded module: net_module
> loaded module: proc_module
> loaded module: sys_module
> loaded module: python_module
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>

> I'm not sure where to begin checking. I'm a very old-fashioned
> debugger - I tend to use a great deal of print statements to
> track down where things are happening. I can start doing this
> in gmond.

I tried putting fprintf's all over the gmond.c (yep - I'm that
poor of a debugger). I'm not sure but if looks like it segfaults
in the function setup_metric_callbacks on the statement,

       if (modp->init && modp->init(global_context)) {

or on the function,

           apr_pool_cleanup_register(global_context, modp,
                                     modular_metric_cleanup,
                                     apr_pool_cleanup_null);

I'm not too sure.

I apologize if I'm wasting your time with my poor debugging
skills.

Thanks!

Jeff