Sure - let me run off and do this.

In the meantime, I tried rebuilding ganglia with 3.5.0 and
3.4.0. For both of these cases, I get the same segfault. This
makes me think I'm doing something wrong but I can seem
to find it :)

I'll let you know what I find out as I go back to ganglia-3.6.0.

Thanks!

Jeff

Oh I didn't think about going that lowlevel :) Could you run ldd on
gmond also?

Could you also run 'tree' command on /etc/ganglia ? It's interesting
that you have two times msg: "loaded module: python_module" while
starting gmond. Rechecking this with strace log shows that it looks like
double loading of those modules? http://pastebin.com/BjdCGgbj