I assume you want HT... If you don't want HT you can 1) change a setting in most bioses, or 2) use the noht option at bot, or 3) compile a kernel without HT support.

eric

Robert E. Parrott wrote:

Is there a way to make ganglia hyperthread - aware in v3.0?

We have a cluster of dual Xeons with hyperthreading, which ganglia reports as 4 processes. This is annoying when using the web frontend, since full load appears to only be 1/2 load, and people think there are twice as many CPUs available.

With 2.5.7, I hacked the code using a patch from OSC to only report 2 processor per real processor when hyperthreading was found enabled.

However, in 3.0 this is not enabled, so I've backed down to 2.5.7 again.

Is there a reason this kind of patch is not in place? Are there options I;m not aware of in the config files?

thanx,

rob