Toney,

Have you verified that rrdtool itself works?  It may not be a problem
with ganglia you're looking at but a problem with rrdtool itself.

I'm not sure what might show up in the apache logs, but that may be a
good place to look as well.

You should be able to find your rrd databases for ganglia on the node
running gmetad (which may be all the nodes).  My installation puts them
in /var/lib/ganglia/rrds, but I'm not sure if that's the default
location.

Assuming they are there...

bash$ cd /var/lib/ganglia/rrds/__SummaryInfo__/
bash$ rrdtool graph /tmp/foo.png --end now --start end-120000s \
> --width 400 DEF:myline=cpu_nice.rrd:sum:AVERAGE \
> LINE1:myline#0000FF:"foo\n"
bash$ file /tmp/foo.png
/tmp/foo.png: GIF image data, version 87a, 480 x 155
bash$ xv /tmp/foo.png #or some other way of viewing it

If foo.png is a real graph, then you have verified that rrdtool is
working correctly.  If you cannot get rrdtool to create a graph for you,
you should investigate why it is not working correctly before continuing
to troubleshoot ganglia.

-ben