This means that rrdtool is actually not working, if you read the error printed by rrdtool. Also it seems it is still using /usr/bin/rrdtool instead of you alternate path in usr/local. Check your config again.

rrdtool complains about not having permission to load it's library..
Maybe a wild idea is to check the permissions on that file it prints?? (the error message already suggests this!)

Also the undefined function means that you do not have GD and/or the php-gd module installed.

- Ramon.

toney samuel wrote:
Hi Ben,

I have tried as per your advise and rrdtool is working properly. I checked the apache log also and i found this error

[client 127.0.0.1 <http://127.0.0.1>] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreate() in /var/www/html/ganglia/pie.php on line 121, referer: http://localhost/ganglia/ /usr/bin/rrdtool: error while loading shared libraries: librrd.so.2: failed to map segment from shared object: Permission denied

pls guide me to resolve this problem

Regards