Dear Ganglia community:

I am a beginner in Ganglia.
I have just  started  an internship of four months and my subject is
related to Ganglia.
I have to test the new highlights of release 3.1.0.

I had just installed the Ganglia 3.1.0 and I managed to compile it in
our environment. I am now trying to analyze the module support for
dynamically plugging metrics into gmond and I am having some problems.
I don't manage to generate the modpython.so in our environment. I  found
the sources in gmond/modules/python but I don't see how could I generate
the modpython.so, the only lib generated by the Ganglia tool chain are :
mod_python.o , mod_python.lo et libmodpython.la.

I found a version of modpython.so at the official website of Ganglia,
but it doesn't fit to our environment.
Is it possible to generate it myself, in my environement? If yes, how
could I do this?

And, can I have some other details about this new feature? I don't
understand very well how this feature will function.

Thanks,
Linda