On Jun 18, 2012, at 10:10 AM, Seth T Graham wrote:
> This doesn't clean up the rrds though, which is a manual process. They're
> pretty small though so I ignore this step.

I have a question related to this (and it might be a re-post, but if it is I
don't recall anyone answering).

I used to clean up the old RRDs (in our case server turnover "in the cloud" can
cause a lot of cruft) using basically a 'find mtime +20 -exec rm' type deal,
but once we switched to using rrdcached that caused what I like to call "a
total loss of data".  This appears to be because rrdcached doesn't update the
mtimes on the files.  As a workaround I just started using a much larger disk
for data storage and stopped doing this cleanup, but clearly this isn't a good
long-term solution.

So, I'm wondering if there's anyone else out there in a similar situation and
what they are doing to clean up their RRD store.

Thanks!

Oz